Saturday, May 05, 2007

After a long time

The last blog I posted was ten months back. In these ten months, lot of things changed in the world, and a few things changed in my life too. The big change in my life was, I crossed half the globe and moved to US, in search of some new challenges in my career, and maybe, in search of some new adventures and experiences in life.
I did find the challenges I was looking for in my career. Life also got less stressful and more enjoyable. The ultimate dream of any middle class Indian, if I dare say, coming true for me.
But, this move into a foreign land, also brought me in touch with some interesting experiences and perspectives. The big difference I felt was with respect to my view of India. I started seeing India and the life, culture and the happenings in India in a different light or with a different perspective. Suddenly, I had this view of an outsider who could see things from a 50,000 feet view with much better clarity. I could see things in a more neutral perspective, more or less like the rest of the world. But, my knowledge of the Indian society and the culture gave me a unique advantage, I could also analyze these incidents in their right backdrop, and explain to my American, German, Chinese, Vietnamese and other multi-ethnic colleagues, who were often bewildered by many of the weird and bizarre incidents that shook the biggest democracy of the world.

But, this also makes me, and other numerous Indian colleagues and friends here, think - Is everything fine with India?

I thought it would be a good idea to blog about this, about all the discussions that we have about India and the incidents that catches the attention of the prime time media. I hope to start with this soon. So, till then, ciao.

2 comments:

Srikanth said...

So,Is everything fine with India? :)

me ra said...

Wanting to read more on this...Is everything fine with India???